News‎ > ‎

Candlelight Paranormal Tour: an epic adventure.

posted Nov 12, 2018, 6:52 AM by Jeffrey Wolf

Chloe Schmidt, Co Editor-in-Chief

Posted November 12th, 2018

Last Friday I went to the Candlelight Paranormal Tour at the History Center of Washington County with a friend.  We went through a tour of the jailhouse and the courthouse. The tour was $15 per person and an hour long, but it was definitely worth it.

The group total was about thirty people, but the tour guides split us into two groups.  My group started at the jailhouse first, which is where the old sheriff would live with his family and the prisoners.  The prisoners committed mostly small crimes such as assault and being drunk. Sometimes there were prisoners that committed major crimes like rape and murder, but this was a rare occurrence.  At the jailhouse we used an EVP recorder and a temperature monitor. In the first couple of rooms, the EVP recorder didn’t monitor anything, and the temperature monitor didn’t change at all. However in the first room, my chest and my friend’s chest started to tighten, which is a sign that there’s a spirit.  In the next room we didn’t feel anything or interact with any spirit. In the following room, the EVP went off when the girl holding it went to the corner of the room. The person with the temperature reader went to the corner of the room then, and the temperature started dropping, which is a sign of a spirit being present.

We then moved to the jail cells, and my friend and I stayed in one cell the whole time, mostly because our chests felt heavy in that cell.  Conveniently, when the EVP girl came around, it immediately started going off. The lady with the temperature monitor came, and the temperature started decreasing again.  I took a couple pictures of the cell and got a few blurry ones, which is a sign of a spirit, and my friend took some videos, capturing some orbs. We went upstairs to some more bedrooms, and I immediately started getting some weird vibes from the little boy’s room. The tour guide tried to get a spirit to communicate with us but it refused. I decided that before we left, I had to take a quick video of the little boy’s room to see if I could get anything. As soon as I started the video, an orb moved across the screen towards me. Immediately everyone else started taking pictures and videos and located the orb on the blanket at the end of the bed. We said goodbye to the ghost and moved to the basement where nothing creepy happened.

The tour guides then switched and we got a tour through the courthouse.  We went to the men’s bathroom, where an old janitor used to spend all of his time.  I didn’t feel anything, but my friend’s chest got heavy, and it was her least favorite part of the tour.  They showed us the rest of the building, and throughout, I kept feeling like something was watching or following us even though nothing was visible.  They played some audio clips for us that very clearly had spirit voices present.

Honestly, this was probably the best night of my life.  They also do architecture tours, and there’s a museum in the courthouse, so I suggest just going for fun!