Top 10 Commercials from Super Bowl 51
Post date: Feb 9, 2017 12:54:09 PM
By: Robby Timmler, Staff Writer
Posted February 9th, 2017
During every Super Bowl, there are some fantastic commercials that try to make football fans laugh, and then go out to buy their product. This year, many major companies that have been known for their funny commercials (like Doritos and Geico) didn’t show up on the TV this year, mostly because the price for a spot had been bumped up to 5 million dollars and neither company wanted to pay that much for a 30 second commercial. Despite this, other companies delivered funny commercials. My top ten are as follows:
10) Bai Christopher Walken and Justin Timberlake: This commercial works because of Christopher Walken’s serious acting while lipsyncing the lyrics to “Bye, Bye, Bye” by N’Sync.
9) KFC Georgia Gold: Short, but Rob Riggle makes this work with his slapstick humor.
8) Honda Celebrity Yearbook: Cool to see what celebrities looked like in when they were in high school--plus this commerical adds in a little humor.
7): Pirates of the Caribbean 5 TV spot: Hyped up the movie and fans with more info on what the movie is about and what characters are coming back.
6) Skittles: Funny through the surprise of who would be next on screen, all while the boy keeps throwing the Skittles through the open window.
5) T-Mobile Punished with Kristen Schaal: A very funny parody of Fifty Shades of Grey, but instead of whips, it’s Verison Phone “Deals”.
4) Squarespace John Malkovich: Funny through John Malkovich’s calm anger and the timing of the lines.
3) T-Mobile Kristen Schaal: The commercial works with Kristen Schaal’s timing and delivery.
2) Kia Melissa McCarthy: The slapstick humor through all the jobs that Melissa McCarthy has to do and how they all end badly for her.
1) Tide with Terry Bradshaw: Funny in showing how far Terry Bradshaw would go to get his shirt clean and a very funny performance by Jeffrey Tambor.
Honorable Mentions: These commercials were good, but not compared to the rest
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 TV spot: Go addition to the Second Trailer with new lines and visuals, but the story is still unknown.
T-Mobile Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart: Funny, but not as funny as compared to others.
Turbotax Humpty Dumpty: Good addition to the other Turbotax Humpty Dumpty commercial, but it’s humor comes off a little bit awkward.